Thursday, May 1, 2008

Saturday, August 10, 1963

Up at 6:45 - Fixed coffee for Hank - he has duty today - while Billy watched tv I straightened up the house & cleaned the kitchen - wrote in diary - we were eating bkfst. when Hank came with a truck & a load of sand - Jim took him back to work & brought the car back to me. Billy & I went to Ship's Serv. - got Evelyn Guthries baby a gift - I lost Billy & he went to the car - went to Richardson's Antique Shop & got a shade & chimney for Tina's lamp - came home & took the present to Guthrie's - ate lunch - Ruby came over - was going to Dowling's but no answer - went to Ruby's for awhile - had pot pies - picked tomatoes - went to Ruby's after supper - gave Billy a bath & washed his hair - watched tv - wrote a letter to Issy - took a shower - bed at 12:20 - also rolled my hair.

1 comment:

Daniela said...

What did you watch on tv in 1963? I was only a year old, so I don't have a clue. I imagine that it was I love Lucy, The Beave, Father KNows Best, Lawrence Welk? I remember all of those in re-runs, but never saw first run shows...except Lawrence Welk..Hhhmm.