Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tuesday, November 5, 1963

Up at 6:30 - Didn't do much today - Gladys called - cleaned up - worked on Hank's uniform coat - mended the lining - he came home early - after lunch I went to the Commissary - ran short on money - came home & put groceries up - done dishes - went to the Egg Factory - Jimmie went along - Went to Kitty's awhile - then talked to Mrs. Pipkin - went to Ruby's for awhile - after supper Hank went to the base & got some Playtex gloves for me - then Billy & I went to the Drugstore - got a card for Janice & 1 for Steve R. - Stopped at Ruby's for awhile - Hank was there - Worked on Hank's coat - Watched tv & wrote in diary -

Letter from Bertha Talley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, I am amazed at all the things your mother did in a day, esp. the days where she says she didn't get much done. It does feel that way sometimes, but for me it is true - those are the days when I REALLY didn't get anything done.

Your mother was an amazing woman, it is so great that you have all of her diaries.

Lidian