Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Monday, July 8, 1963

Sunny - Hot
Up at 7:30 - Dampened last batch of clothes - took hem out of yellow dress - put pinto beans to soak - washed Aunt Freda's blanket - done the ironing I dampened down last Sat. night - done some handwashing - picked strawberries & weeded them - got a zucchini squash in - after lunch I done bkfst. & lunch dishes - laid down with Billy but he never went to sleep - got up & hemmed my straight blue skirt (shortened it) - starightened up the house. Welad called from the Jungle - I called Hank & told him to pick him up there - sorted the potatoes & got clothes in - For supper we had raw fried potatoes - flounder - pinto beans - sliced tomatoes & cucumbers - Hank planted more beans while I done dishes - then I weeded in the flowerbed - Hank & Welad went to a gun shop - I went to Ruby's for awhile - home at 9:00 - gave Billy a bath & cleaned the bathroom - shortened my yellow dress - wrote in diary.

No comments: