Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tuesday, July 30, 1963

93°
Ironed some dry stuff this A.M. - dampened down 2 bags - Went out & picked tomatoes - canned 9 pints before lunch - Hank got off at noon - laid down with Billy this P.M. & I fell asleep too - We ate supper at Gibsons - went to Penny's & got 2 elastic sheets for myself - also a set of sheets & pillowcases for Therza - went to Kresge's & People's also - got a few groceries at Giant - got 2 dacron pillows at Penny's $4.00 ea. - Wrote to Mom & Dad after we got home.

Wrote home tonight

1 comment:

Trailboss said...

I can remember Mom dampening items for ironing but it seems like they were only whites. I can't remember. I will have to ask So.

I still have the squirt bottle she used. It is a pale turquoise made to look like a Gerber kid. The top is the head. It's pretty neat.