Thursday, April 10, 2008

Monday, June 17, 1963

Up at 7:30 - Billy slept until 9:00 - Cut out 3 pr. of shorts for Billy & 2 shirts. Hank got off at noon - after lunch we went to Sears - I got material for the chairs - new curtains for our bedroom - 2 outfits for Billy - went to Center Shops & seen about the sewing machine - also looked at braided rugs - rode thro' town - Stopped at Pep Boys - Stopped at Burger Chef for cold drinks - Mrs. Ranhorne came over when we got home - Hank & Billy went to the store before supper - when they got home Hank slammed the car door on Billy's finger (left hand) really hurt him - he screamed for a long time - I didn't eat - neither did Billy. Hank took Mr. Paul somewhere then went to Hayes - Billy & I went to Kitty's for awhile - made buttonholes in his yellow p.j.'s - sewed buttons on - run 2 loads of wash through -

Letters from Mom - Dad - Issy & Midge
Mailed letter home.

1 comment:

Daniela said...

Ooowww, poor Billy. I wish I could say that has never happened to one of my boys...but I can't