Friday, April 4, 2008

Saturday, June 8, 1963

SP
Cloudy & cool
Up at 8:30 - Billy didn't eat a bite of bkfst. & hardly anything all day. I wrapped Dad's Father's day gift this A.M. & finished their letter - Took both to the Post office before lunch. Cleaned the house this afternoon - fixed a roast for supper. Billy & Hank went to the base awhile this P.M. - Washed & set my hair right after I done supper dishes - watched tv - wrote in diary - polished Billy's shoes.

Mailed letter home -
Letter from Midge

1 comment:

Daniela said...

I found your blog by accident last night and haven’t been able to stop reading. Your moms diary is amazing, in the fact that she did it every day. Chasing after a toddler and keeping house, garden, yard and husband is not easy work…especially in the 60’s. Thank you for posting this. It brings me back to my own childhood.