Thursday, December 27, 2007

Friday, April 6, 1962

Got up at 6:20. Sunny today but windy - Worked on my housecoat before breakfast - Went to the bank this A.M. & deposited my check - Drew $20.00 out - filled the car up with gas & had the oil & water checked - Went to Short Stop & got flower seed & Raid - Stopped at Colonial - Stopped at Gladys's but didn't go in - took her an empty gallon vinegar jug. Came home & edged the walk in back - Got lunch - Mary Holmes was suppose to come but didn't. Run the sweeper a little bit around the kitchen, living room & hall. Brought flowers in - worked on the drive again this P.M. Put Billy in for a nap at 3:00 - he slept straight through. I was talking to Midge when the operator cut in - it was C.E. calling to say Jim had died. I called Hank & he doesn't think he will be able to come home. Ruby came over - Billy used the pot after dinner. I called Tina after she left.

Wrote to Hank tonight.
No mail.
Jim died today -

No comments: