Monday, February 18, 2008

Thursday, October 25, 1962

Up at 6:30 - felt terrible this A.M. Had a headache & cried all the time because I didn't want to leave Hank. Pat called & we decided to take the train. I packed this morning. Ruby called - Her & Jimmy left at 8:45 for North Carolina. I called Gladys & also Catherine - Hank came home with money for the trip ($110.00) Then he had to go back - said he would be back about 1:00. Dowling's came at 12:15 - We left about 1:00. Hank took us to the depot. Roger & Pat were there. We left at 2:05 by bus - went to Newport News - got the train at 3:05. Billy was good but it was a long hard trip. Ate supper on the train. Didn't get much rest & neither did the kids. I was up & down all night & cold all night. Each of the kids had a seat to sleep on & Pat & I sat up.

No comments: