Monday, February 18, 2008

Tuesday, October 23, 1962

Washed woodwork in back bedroom - cleaned floor with SOS pads - then scrubbed it with Spin & Span - waxed the furniture - gave the floor 2 coats of wax - I was upset today over the Cuban situation. Didn't leave the house until late afternoon for fear Hank would call - Had to go to Ruby's to get Billy for supper - fixed chicken - Hank didn't get home until about 8:00 - Billy & I ate at 6:30 - Ruby came after supper & Hank came in while she was here. He was pretty worried. They took more men today but he didn't have to go. Was late with dishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got tears in my eyes--at first. Then (being a mean person, I guess) this started cracking me up--because I started substituting aliens for evil commies. Now I know how they came up with the scenarios for space invader movies. And seriously, those movies must have been a lot more scary when they were made than they do now because people had more or less lived through an invasion scare for real. - Jean